Home   |   eNewsletter   |   Contact Us  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default HELP : Bicornuate Uterus with twins in the SAME horn

Hi Folks -

I am new to this website and have a major problem.

I have a Bicornuate uterus with a twin pregnancy in the same horn (the larger one). I do not think I have a septum per the HCG that was performed prior to the pregnancy.

I am 10 weeks pregnant now and doing pretty fine so far - no nausea, no aches, a bit of constipation but Colace is taking care of it, no spotting.

We visited a Hi-Risk OBGYN who suggested considering a selective reduction as there was a high risk of delivering prematurely which would cause loosing either/both of my babies or them having some developmental disabilities. Both the babies are in different sacs and not very close to each other.

From the day I heard that I am devastated. Not able to decide on anything. I want both my babies but want them healthy.

Please let me know if any of u have had this condition and have had a success story. Should I consider the reduction ? I have heard that generally triplets , quad or more are suggested this.
    Will the babies not have enough space to grow within such a uterus. I am pretty healthy and have a gut feeling that I will be able to, but.....

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have this too. My pregnancy went fine. I delivered at 34 weeks with minimal NICU time. I delivered early due to pre-eclampsia. If you do a search here about it you will find other threads. I know that there are a few more women who hava this or similar things.

Thanks for your response, Barbie.

Do u mean u had this EXACT condition ? A bicornuate uterus with the same horn twin pregnancy ??????
    Also, do the babies have an issue with regards to the space inside due to this uterine abnormality ?

My HI-RI doc said that my case was one of the very rare ones and based all risks on probability. I find it hard on my ears but feel so relieved to see your healthy twins

I'll surely look up on the search you suggested.
    Last edited by pritikv; 09-08-2007 at 04:54 PM. Reason: More information

Yes, they were in the same spot. I had no problems with it at all.

Here are some links I found here. I know that I had a thread before but can't seem to find it.

http://www.twinsmagazine.com/vbullet...ornuate+uterus

Hope that helps. Be optimistic! Congrats on those twins!

Thank you for directing me to those links , I did see the first one by Natalie but there were not many threads to it, so was curious...
    Also, in one of her threads later, she mentioned that she did not have a bi cornu uterus - it was a an incorrect diagnosis..(so happy for her)

I am scheduled for a CVS test next week to see how my babies are doing. They were to consider the stronger one and target the 'not so strong'
    But reading ur story, I am feeling good already.

Were u required to take bed rest, could you sleep well through ur pregnancy ?
    I am told that later in the term its difficult...

Apologize for my ignorance, this is my first pregnancy and I am totally clueless..
    Planning on buying the book 'What to expect when ur expecting'. Does that cover for twins as well ? Or is there any other similar book that u reccomend ?

Smile

thank you Pebbles, congratulations on ur new born!

I was put on bedrest but it was for the pre-eclampsia. I haven't slept well since I got pregnant. (twins )

welcome to the board.

hi -

today morning, I have a weird feeling in the vaginal area.

I dont think they are menstrual cramps. I dont know what it is...

i feel a mild hammer like tweaking at small intervals in the area ? Its not very significant but maybe reduced a bit after a bowel movement.

Does/Did anyone of u face this ?

Hi Pritikv,

By "vaginal area" do you mean your lower abdominal area or lower than that? Is it on one side?

Cramps make us worry, don't they?! My doctor said that it's normal to feel mild cramps throughout the pregnancy as the uterus expands. But if it becomes too painful, she told me to call her office and go to the emergency room (especially if there's blood). These last few days I've been getting really sharp pains on my right side, which is probably related to round ligament pain. You could be experiencing the same thing.

If it's very painful or continues to worry you, you may want to call your doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by pritikv View Post
    hi -

today morning, I have a weird feeling in the vaginal area.

I dont think they are menstrual cramps. I dont know what it is...

i feel a mild hammer like tweaking at small intervals in the area ? Its not very significant but maybe reduced a bit after a bowel movement.

Does/Did anyone of u face this ?
    I think that I had felt something similar throughout pregnancy. I don't think that it had anything to do with the uterus though. It always felt like hiccups or something. The boys may have been bigger though. For me, it was always an indication that they were there.

When is your next appointment. If you are like me you are are okay once you hear the heartbeats and then after that you want to see the doctor again to make sure that they are there. I had alot of ultrasounds. I loved that I did.

I am beginning to wonder why my docs never made me feel the way that these ladies docs did. I think Stina had the same situation and her doc was treated her as mine did me. I was moved to high risk but was never asked to do selective reduction.

I had no problems with it during pregnancy. I knew that I was high risk but it was just indicated that it was for preterm labor.

By 'vaginal area', I meant lower than the abdomen. Not sure what its called but the place from where the ultrasound scope is inserted...I hope you understand.

Yes, as Barbie mentioned they were like hiccups for a very short while, in abt 1 hr I was fine again. Barbie, with you having the same condition as mine, feels nice to know that this is normal.

There is no bleeding of any color or a discharge , so that was a bit of a relief..

Thank you ladies

Unhappy

Ladies !!

In another thread that I posted, I was referred to this site which is mainly on Bicornuate related pregnancies...

I read all threads and fell scared with the various issues these ladies had to undergo - some had to let go off their babies!!!

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/160543

These threads say that twins in a bicornuate uterus do not goto full or closer term as they do have have enuf space to grow leading to preterm labor as early as 22 weeks...

I am in the hot seat again...!!!!!!!

I have no input to give on this matter, but wanted to send you lots of positive thoughts.
    --Terri --

Thumbs up

Pebbles, thank you for pepping me up! I really appreciate all the positive vibes that I'm getting from this site...

I'm in for my regular weekly GYN visit tomorrow, I'll address all these concern there too.

I just want both my babies and am ready to do whatever it takes!!
    Last edited by pritikv; 09-09-2007 at 03:36 PM. Reason: spell check

Pebbles, thank you for pepping me up! I really appreciate all the positive vibes that I'm getting from this site...

I'm in for my regular weekly GYN visit tomorrow, I'll address all these concern there too.

I just want both my babies and am ready to do whatever it takes!!
    Take CONTROL of your care, they are YOUR babies and you have to do what YOU feel is best.

I don't have this condition, but if I did, I feel in my heart, I would still keep both of my babies. I would feed on all the positive outcomes . Please keep us posted. HUGS
    Kaylee Paige 5/27/02
    Christian and Chloe 2/6/07
    Luke and Delilah 3/7/09

By 'vaginal area', I meant lower than the abdomen. Not sure what its called but the place from where the ultrasound scope is inserted...I hope you understand.

Yes, as Barbie mentioned they were like hiccups for a very short while, in abt 1 hr I was fine again. Barbie, with you having the same condition as mine, feels nice to know that this is normal.

There is no bleeding of any color or a discharge , so that was a bit of a relief..

Thank you ladies
    When I was first diagnosed with it, I was told that I would have alot of trouble getting pregnant or carrying the baby to term. The doctor told me that I would never really know until I tried. I didn't worry about it b/c I wasn't explained anything about it. In fact, back then, I looked on the internet and found nothing. I didn't know the name of it yet. When I actually got pregnant, I was NOT trying to get pg. Dh and I had been having sex with no form of birth control for about 2 years so I had begun to wonder if it was possible for me to get preg. It would bother me but I wasn't ready for a baby and them BAM. I found out that I was pregnant. It was so odd b/c it happened the same week that I got married. I always feel like me getting pregnant was something in my mind b/c it happened that way. I mean we had sex VERY often so I never saw how I did not get pregnant. It was the same way with my boyfreind before and I never ot preg.

In my case, I feel that my doctors were very optimistic with me. I have been thinking of you. I hope that you start to feel better. Some people hear have defied some amazing odds. Good luck momma.

Thanks! Will keep u all posted.

I really wish i can go upto that much in my term. This pic raises my hopes, certainly []

I wish I could feel better!!!

I was so elated when I found out tht I was prg, more so then when I knew they were twins.
    The S.Reduction talk with the Hi Risk just put me off completely. After that all docs have just okayed his diagnosis.

I think I'll be miserable for another 2/3 weeks cause thats the tenure I was told. Thats until I do it or drop the idea. I wish the latter...

I am not scared with the preterm labor, I am more worried since they said the baby/ies could be born with short/long term developmental disabilities like Cerebral Palsy, Blindness and Deafness.

Sometimes, I feel its better to loose one and have a healthy one. With disorders, our world will fall apart!!!!

thanks for all the well wishes.
    My doc says if I think I can do it, maybe I can - cause they have no examples of live people who could not, their interpretations are based on theory and study.

lets see wht the CVS gives me!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast