Home   |   eNewsletter   |   Contact Us  

Thread: Sick breath

Question Sick breath

I was just wondering if anyone knows what gives kids that "sick breath" when they are feeling under the weather or teething. The boys had their shots yesterday and both have mild "sick breath" today and I just got to wondering about it. For those of you that have no idea what I'm talking about...it's not a bad smell, it's just a sick smell. I guess I don't really know how to explain it, but does anyone know what causes it? I'm just curious.
    Kristy

Its probably due to an upset in the acid of the stomach. That gives really rank breath!
    Dina
    Check out Daniel and Rose's Blog! http://ourtwinkids.blogspot.com/

Do they have runny noses? Usually for us it signifies either drainage in their throat, or an ear infection. I would guess probably a combo of drainage and mouth breathing- drying everything out.

Also- if they aren't drinking as much- their breath can get kind of bad, just from being dry...

Quote Originally Posted by camdensmommy View Post
    Do they have runny noses? Usually for us it signifies either drainage in their throat, or an ear infection. I would guess probably a combo of drainage and mouth breathing- drying everything out.

Also- if they aren't drinking as much- their breath can get kind of bad, just from being dry...
    Lucas' nose is a bit runny since he's getting over RSV. Logan's doesn't seem to be running at all. They are eating and drinking as usual. It's really not a "bad" smell. I've noticed it before when they were teething and all 3 of my LO's had it a couple weeks ago when they were all sick. My dh can even recognize the smell and knows when the kids are/or getting sick. My mom and I have talked about it and she knows just what I mean and says she's very familiar with the smell.
    Kristy

Oh I know that smell!!! It's hard t describe it, but once you have smelled it, you know!! My older three get it when they are coming down with something. The weird thing is that i haven't noticed it with the twins. ????
    My Crew