PDA

View Full Version : pregnant after tubal ligation??

amynjeff
11-07-2007, 05:33 PM
Does anyone know anyone who had their tubes tied and cut and then got pregnant?? I am 2-3 weeks late and I am never late. I have 4 girls I do not know if I could handle another, but i would. just curious if anyone has a story. I went and did blood work today to see. I am from the July/Aug. toddler board, I never post here but read alot.

cherylbrown
11-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Had it done after Joseph in April... and now my periods are all over the map. Dr. had me take a PG test which was negative then go in for blood tests and everything was fine. I think its just part of the body getting adjusted... BUT I'd take the test and call you Dr... to get it all checked out!!! I panicked too...lol but its all good... now I may or may not have a period these days.. but the PMS sure does show up anyways!!!

Cheryl

ktgmom
11-07-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm not sure but I wanted to tell you that your girls are beautiful. I :throb: their red hair! Good luck!

conradclan
11-07-2007, 06:01 PM
I have heard of it happening but not very often with the tubes being tied. I have heard of it happening more with a man having a V done. I had a friend who got pg twice after her husband had it done.

I had my tubes tied also and I would be fliping my chicken right know if I thought I was PG. :snicker:

I will say that my periods did seem to be all over when I frist had it done. They are more on a pattern now for the most part. Have you had it done very long? It may just be your body adjusting. I would go had and take a test just so that you mind can rest. Sending you hugs.

surprise3&4
11-07-2007, 06:14 PM
My BF was born after her mom had her tubes tied and so was her little brother. But that being said, I had mine tied after the boys and my periods were wacked. I tracked them for over a year and then decided to have an ablation done and now I don't have them at all. I'd talk to your dr and see what he/she has to say.

Good luck.

Sara

ChelscH
11-07-2007, 06:14 PM
I do not know anyone who had gotton Preg after tubal, but I too have had unpredictable periods since the tubal.

I also know that stress and poor diet can lead to problems eith your period. Hope things work out for you.

inshockmom
11-07-2007, 06:19 PM
I have heard that it can happen pretty frequently. From an article I read in a magazine at my OB's office, sometimes the "tube" tied can be a ligament etc, it can apparently happen.

amynjeff
11-07-2007, 08:07 PM
My periods have been 28 days to the day since the girls were 4 months old and I got them tied when I had them. I have 2 other girls and the pregnancy with them was so hard that I decided i could not go through that again. i actually was going to have the ablation done but decided to wait because I amso busy right now with all my girls. I did have a blood test today so I will know tomorrow.
ktgmom, thank you! I do not know how they got red, my other two have brown and me and dh have dark brown. I am 25% irish though.

maryjane
11-07-2007, 08:23 PM
I do know people who got pregnant after tubal ligations but it's more likely just that is changed your periods. That's why I don't want to have it done.

*Sam*
11-07-2007, 08:33 PM
I just wanted to say that your girls are so beautiful too. And I have heard of it happening too. And Not to be nosey, could it be menopause? (I have no idea your age and am not implying anything) When will you get the results? Have you peed in a stick yet?

beaniebug
11-08-2007, 12:11 AM
I had my tubes tied also and I would be fliping my chicken right know if I thought I was PG. :snicker:

Me too! I haven't had a period since having my baby/tubal, but I am still breastfeeding. I know of 1 person who had another baby after she had her tubal though. I believe it was 2 years after.

LuCinda

nostawt
11-08-2007, 01:18 AM
I know someone who "grew a tributary" off of her tied off fallopian tube and that was how the egg got through and the last little baby was conceived. The doctor repeated the tubal ligation for free after he delivered that baby :) Good luck.

LOCOmom
11-08-2007, 02:10 AM
OK, i am dying to know. My periods have been whack since I had my tubal and only go down hill from there. I would simply DIE if I found out i was ever PG again. The tears would never stop. My plate is full already.
That being said- yes I have known peopel who have gotten PG after a tubal and ones who have gotten PG while on Mirena and didnt know since they didnt have periods and then they couldnt remove the Mirena because she was too far along:eek:
I hope you get answers soon.

Jace0828
11-08-2007, 02:56 AM
you could be just stressed out?

TQLeo
11-08-2007, 07:59 AM
I have always heard 1 out of 1000 get pregos after tubal.

Momma5
11-08-2007, 08:17 AM
I have heard that it can happen pretty frequently. From an article I read in a magazine at my OB's office, sometimes the "tube" tied can be a ligament etc, it can apparently happen.
The ob is supposed to send the tissue that was cut to be tested to make sure it was actually the tube. They should give you the results. It still does happen but I don't think it's as common as it was years ago when they used a different method. Today they actually cut a section of the tube out. I think they used to band the tube.

amynjeff
11-08-2007, 09:47 AM
I am 35 so I sure hope it is not menopause, I will know later today. It is crazy how many people have gotten pregnant after having their tubes cut, tied and burned. I found a chat room on it. Scary!! If I am not I am getting the ablasion thing done asap. Thank you for all you rkind words on my girls.:love:

I just wanted to say that your girls are so beautiful too. And I have heard of it happening too. And Not to be nosey, could it be menopause? (I have no idea your age and am not implying anything) When will you get the results? Have you peed in a stick yet?

cherylbrown
11-08-2007, 10:36 AM
I am 35 so I sure hope it is not menopause, I will know later today. It is crazy how many people have gotten pregnant after having their tubes cut, tied and burned. I found a chat room on it. Scary!! If I am not I am getting the ablasion thing done asap. Thank you for all you rkind words on my girls.:love:

I was thinking the same thing... they cut and burned my tubes she even cut a little 'extra' for the just in case factor. I would :faint: are we SURE that they got pg when they had the tubes tied, cut and burned or is this just from being tied? I have been so naueous lately now I'm a bit worried AGAIN... I haven't had a period in 2 months either but didn't worry about it... oh crap

What chat room... can you give the link?

Cheryl

sharalee82
11-08-2007, 10:43 AM
I don't know anyone personally who had the whole tubal (tied,cut,burned) that got pregnant after. I do however know someone who only had them tied and got pregnant right away. Good luck with everything. I know I would loose it if I found out I was pregnant. I had the whole thing done before I left the hospital with the twins. Your girls are gorgeous too. :cloud9: love the red hair.

amynjeff
11-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Just type in tubes tied, cut and burned can I get pregnant in google and that is where I got my info. It is scary what the human body can do.

I was thinking the same thing... they cut and burned my tubes she even cut a little 'extra' for the just in case factor. I would :faint: are we SURE that they got pg when they had the tubes tied, cut and burned or is this just from being tied? I have been so naueous lately now I'm a bit worried AGAIN... I haven't had a period in 2 months either but didn't worry about it... oh crap

What chat room... can you give the link?

Cheryl

surprise3&4
11-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Amy when I had my ablation done in August it was really only 1 day that I was out of commission. The day after I felt pretty good. I am very glad I had it done.

Sara

kellybelly
11-08-2007, 02:05 PM
WAhen I was in hte hospital on bedrest my nurse said another patient was there giving birth to her 2nd child after two different tubals (but they were done in RUSSIA)!

amynjeff
11-08-2007, 05:01 PM
It was NEGATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am going to schedule the ablation for asap so that I neverhave to worry about this again. Thanks for all your input, I really appreciate it.

conradclan
11-08-2007, 08:59 PM
WOOHOO Glad to here it for you.

smurftattoo
11-08-2007, 09:03 PM
:yippee: You must be relieved!