PDA

View Full Version : Do you give presents for Easter (besides the candy and chocolate)?

my3sweeties
04-02-2007, 11:08 PM
I always buy my kids an outside spring toy (like a bike, a kite, skipping rope, etc) to go with the chocolate they receive at Easter. And sometimes a new outfit each. It is no where near the volume of Christmas, just small things.

Does anyone else give gifts for Easter?

BrandiD
04-02-2007, 11:18 PM
I'm planning to do a book and pajamas for everyone in their baskets. :)

ETA: And maybe some bubbles!

inshockmom
04-02-2007, 11:21 PM
Ok, I am almost 30 and my Grandma still buys me an easter gift...lots of candy which I always tell her not to do cause I need to lose weight, but she does...usually she gets me jammies...sometimes money, just depends!

Malisa
04-02-2007, 11:23 PM
We don't do Easter, but the grandparents do, and they buy them gifts. If we decide to do Easter when they're older, we may do the SMALL spring gifts like bubbles etc.

Mymiracles
04-02-2007, 11:23 PM
I'm moving away from candy this year. My kids ate not one thing from their baskets for the last two years. I'm not wasting the money. This year, they will each get a game for outside, some pencils, flip flops, etc.
The babies are just getting some little toys.

CherieB
04-02-2007, 11:27 PM
Yep, we do gifts (although my dh said just the other day, "I thought the Easter Bunny only brought eggs........what happened to that tradition?") :snicker: Last year they got outside toys. This year they are getting books, a couple of small toys, stickers, games, and of course stuffed eggs. And, they each get a chocolate bunny.

cds24
04-02-2007, 11:30 PM
The babies are getting a small toy. Brianna is getting candy, bubbles and a fishing pole.

JerushaJ
04-02-2007, 11:39 PM
We usually get them a small gift to go with their candy. And some cheap $1 Easter stuff (necklaces, car in egg,etc.). Plus we also hide eggs outside.

beaniebug
04-03-2007, 04:49 AM
2 years ago I did a bigger toy for each child, but that had to stop when I quit my job after having the twins. This year I'm doing bubbles, a small gardening set for each (little watering can, shovel, and rake), and some candy. I put a few pieces in each childs basket and the rest in mine/dh, DH eats most of it though. And I got each child a little stuffed bunny or duck too.

LuCinda

Amber14
04-03-2007, 05:58 AM
We do a stuffed bunny. Yard toys, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, and usually a kite. I also generally do the boys a sand bucket for their stuff instead of a basket, but this year they are getting the little (and cheap 4 bucks) wheelbarrow with their stuff in it.

JenPam
04-03-2007, 05:58 AM
I used to go all out with gifts and doodads, but now I don't. My oldest is in college, and my other kids are 12, 12 and 8. I just give them candy & money (though they have to hunt for it, of course! :lol: ) and consider it a good holiday.

:nod:

Fink4
04-03-2007, 07:40 AM
I'd rather not give candy or chocolate. I give other things like stickers, books, bubbles, matchbox, stuffed animals, etc, whatever cute and fun that I can find.

AAES
04-03-2007, 08:38 AM
For the Easter baskets, we are not doing candy. They are getting bubbles, personalized piggy banks (I'd been meaning to get these, and Easter is just as good as any other day!), a skirt, crayons, Easter coloring books, and little Easter stuffed animals. I think that is it. We're going to hide some plastic eggs (with a quarter in each) so that they can put some $$ in their new piggy banks. I think that's it. Oh and recently we bought some DVD's and lawn chairs for the kids. I justified the purchase to DH by telling him they were for Easter, but we've already used all the stuff. Oh well, the kids are too young to really know better. :love:

Nikki
04-03-2007, 09:45 AM
I stuff the basket with small toys, a chocolate rabbit, plastic eggs filled with money for their banks, books & stuffed toys. I also buy a large toy for each child - this year they each are getting the American Girl baby dolls that are Asian & Mariisa is getting a wooden cradle & Isabella is getting the wooden highchair for their babies.

Deedah
04-03-2007, 09:49 AM
We are putting books, movies, bubbles, crayons, chalk, coloring books, stickers, cinderalla pj's and slippers, water guns, some candy, some small little toys for outside, hair clips, bunny glasses. Other than that their birthday is coming soon so they will get toys then.

bigbabygirls
04-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Ds's basket has some Star Wars figures, a bug jug, bug vacuum, some wiffle balls...stuff like that. I actually haven't bought any candy yet.

sharalee82
04-03-2007, 09:57 AM
We always get a little bit of candy, and a small chocolate bunny, and a few outside toys like pp have mentioned. My older ds gets maybe a football or something like that.

Selene1212
04-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Just small stuff that can fit in the basket. The Easter Bunny always brings new toothbrushes and this year I'm trying to find some cute (cheap) little brush/comb sets to put in them as well. They usually get a bunch of little things like matchbox cars, finger puppets, small stuffed animal, etc as well as some chocolate.

Of course after watching Max & Ruby's Easter special my son has been requesting a choclate chicken... but I couldn't find one when I was out last night. :rolleyes:

Twins07
04-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Our baskets usually have a book a few small eggs of candy and other little things - stickers, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, jumpropes. I usually will get them each a movie or maybe one to share. Last year they got one to share it was Lady and the Tramp. I'd rather spend the $ on something more useful than candy. We still dye eggs for the basket. I will probably do a bottle and a rattle for the babies b/c they are still to young.

Mommy2EandK
04-03-2007, 02:26 PM
We're not doing candy at all. I got all sorts of little things...stickers, bubbles, markers, coloring books, shoes, socks, balls....I don't remember what else. I don't know what I'll do as they get older but I don't plan on going all candy ever.

LongIslandLookers
04-03-2007, 02:31 PM
We are dont do candy, because they are only 2 1/2 and Hailey's diabetes. So I am gonna do a few little gifts in their basket and in the eggs for the hunt i will put some little toys and maybe some goldfish or something like that. In their baskets i will put chalk for outside, a book, maybe alittle stuffed bunny and some other little things .... and pj's are a good idea as well ....

Milligrace
04-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Yeah - we're all about the gifts too, not the candy.

but they're just 2.5 also. I don't even have baskets for them - just little bags, in there I'll put little gifts. They are getting Peter Pan DVD and a bubble machine as their 'big gifts' (my mom and MIL will get them clothes or something else). In their eggs I'll put Annies Cheddar Bunnies, strawberry yogurt raisins ('cause they're pink and egg shaped).

When I was young, my mom would put gum in my basket, instead of candy - I never ate more than a few pieces anyway and to this day, I'm a gum chewer.

kim01
04-03-2007, 03:05 PM
lets see my kids baskets this year are acutually sand buckets.
they each got a gardening set,a plastic baseball bat,and ball,
some cars,stickers,new drinking cups,chalk,1 small thing of peeps,a stuffed dog with bunny ears on it,some little egg game,a little life like bunny,some bubble guns,a coloring book.
and then we will hide plastic eggs that will have some money in them.

loganandnoah'smama
04-03-2007, 03:06 PM
Since the boys have an August birthday this is when we give them their spring outside stuff. We are giving them a ball glove, fishing tackle box, Thomas shirts, video, stuff like that. I give very little candy but put money in their eggs. They totally believe in the Easter bunny for now. Pretty fun.

nateandmel
04-03-2007, 04:32 PM
I am not doing candy becuase I know that my MIL will give them candy (that they will probably not eat more than one piece of anyways). I did get them some pjs, and that might be it.

inshockmom
04-03-2007, 04:46 PM
I have not gotten Ava anything yet...Don't tthink I am going too...we are going home and I know my mom and Grandma will have gone waaay overboard for her, just like at Christmas...next year though, toys! Try to keep a lid on the amount of candy!!

Mom of 5
04-05-2007, 12:56 AM
I have not planned anything yet.

Usually a stuffed animal, some meat sticks, fruit, and of course, plastic eggs filled with candy. Going light on the candy this year.

For the past few years, I've been getting very little candy for the older kids. They would rather get a pack of beef jerky, some crackers, gourmet mustard, cup-a-soup, etc. Sometimes I get them a book.

MyFourBoys
04-05-2007, 10:41 AM
yeah, we usually give a small gift or 2 from the Bunny..

this year my oldest is getting craft scissors, the twins are getting a Shrek doll (it is sooo cute!) and a potty training dvd by elmo. lol

justinandjasonsmom
04-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Yes, we do Easter gifts. Like you, usually an outside toy. This year we are getting the boys these battery powered bumper boats for our pool. I think they are really going to love them. And I am putting together an Easter basket with a little candy, bubbles, chalk, frisbees, etc.

twinsmake3boys
04-05-2007, 11:49 PM
Yea we do gifts as well. Not too much chocolate, my older son is not too much into it. Starting soccer in the summer so bought him a soccer ball to practice. Usually put some hot wheels cars in for him.
I bought sippy cups for the boys and each of them a hockey shirt.
I'll put some candy in the baskets as well.