PDA

View Full Version : High pulse rate

goodgoats
12-14-2004, 11:12 PM
Just wondering what everyone's pulse rate rides during pregnancy? Mine has been at 100 while resting and is at about 110-115 at times (like now). What is a high pulse rate a sign of? My blood pressure has been completely normal (I am 30 weeks along with twins).

leighmom
12-15-2004, 02:13 AM
I have been like that almost since the beginning. My midwife was saying it was because I wasn't drinking enough water. Plus, our blood volume is growing like crazy with these two babies. I think our hearts are just trying to keep up. My blood pressure has been fine too.

If anyone has a better answer - I'd like to know too!

leigh

Shalilac
12-15-2004, 02:21 AM
Mine has been high this week also. 105 2 days in a row. However, my blood pressure is perfect. The funny thing is, I can feel my heart beating thru my chest sometimes. It feels like it's beating so fast. But, of course, my Doc says nothing to worry about. Just another side effect of twin pregnancy. Go figure!

michelle9510
12-15-2004, 09:42 AM
My heart rate was high during my pregnancy too. Blood volume doubles in singleton pregnancy so I imagine it probably is even higher in twin pregnancy. Your heart is just working harder to pump the extra blood which is perfectly normal.

kdsmom99
12-15-2004, 10:39 AM
I always felt like my heart was beating out of my chest and I could never get my breath even though I am carrying low. My heart rate ranges from 95 to 125 and I was told at the hospital that this is normal - especially for carrying twins. I do have high blood pressure and preeclampsia but they don't seem to be worried about the heart rate - just the blood pressure.

sarachicago
12-15-2004, 10:58 AM
At yesterday's appt. I asked my dr. about the fast beating, sometime pounding in my chest and he said that there was nothing to worry about, like you all said, just another symptom of twin pregnancy. He did say though that when it was pounding or racing that I should take a moment and just relax, to use it as a reminder that there are two in there and to take it easy.
I can always hear my hb in the background when he is using the doppler to check the babies' hb's, I never noticed that before with my 1st pregnancy.

Sara
Zoe's mom, 14 mos.
exp. id twins 4/21/05

pirdylandwyer
12-15-2004, 12:08 PM
I'm glad your doc. feels it's a normal thing for you. Not to scare anyone, but if your heart rate ever goes above 125, like 140-200. or you ever feel light-headed, faint, or tight chest with the rapid heart rate, call your OB again! I was diagnosed with a tachychardia during my first pregnancy, and it is even worse with the second pregnancy. This is nothing that a good cardiologist can't control during your pregnancy, but it can be scary and they need to keep an eye on you if that is happening and possibly put you on medication. i hope the best for all of you and hope that your heart rates stay low!

Paula
mom to
Isabel 6/17/02
identical b/b twins EDD 5/12/05